Hill Management Executes Improvements in 5 Maryland Office Properties

reprints


With tenants vacating their buildings due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Hill Management Services, a Timonium, Md.-based real estate development and investment company, conducted $12 million worth of interior and exterior improvements on five of its office buildings in Central Maryland.

“Tenants are interacting with real estate differently and it is more important than ever to provide environments that provide differentiation from a person’s home,” Danielle Beyrodt, Hill Management Services’ vice president and chief operating officer, told Commercial Observer.

SEE ALSO: Commercial Real Estate Emphasizing ESG Scores More Than Ever

“The improvements completed throughout our portfolio focused on modernizing all common spaces, brightening the interiors, increasing the comfortability, and investing in exterior elements where employees can relax, recharge and unwind,” Beyrodt said. “Amenities are more important than ever and are crucial to prolonged tenant and employee efficiency and satisfaction. Across our portfolio, we made efforts to bring food options either into the building or on-site.”

Timonium Corporate Center, an eight-story, 132,000-square-foot, Class A building at 9515 Deereco Road in Lutherville-Timonium, saw improvements, including a renovated lobby, with the installation of new flooring and wall coverings featuring custom art and modern finishes.

Fairgrounds Business Center, at 2200-2250 Greenspring Drive in Timonium, was renovated with the addition of a newly-installed green exterior, and refreshed with a roadside pylon and new tenant signage.

An 80,000-square-foot office building at 6655 Dobbin Road in Columbia received an updated loading dock, new dock doors, walkways, modernized LED lighting and more than 30 parking spaces were added.

The Shell Building, a five-story office building at 200 East Joppa Road in Towson, saw new facade panels, a redesigned walkway and new exterior canopies added. 

Lastly, the four-building, 550,000-square-foot, mixed-use Executive Plaza complex in Hunt Valley, which was already undergoing improvements prior to the pandemic, was fast-tracked to complete an installation of new pendant lights and upgrades to the on-site deli, fitness center and conference rooms.

“Our corporate mission is to expertly manage our portfolio for long-term investment and long term, and provide exceptional customer service and develop long-lasting, tenant-landlord relationships,” Beyrodt said. “Just like employees are the most valuable part of a company, tenants are our most important resource.”

Presently, 90 percent of the projects are completed and the remaining 10 percent are projected to be completed in the months ahead.

download 3 1 Hill Management Executes Improvements in 5 Maryland Office Properties
Fairgrounds Business Center before renovation. Photo: By Hill Management Services