Manhattan Third in Economic Inequality, SHoP Architects Unveils Pier 17 Plan and Churches Being Foreclosed
Jotham Sederstrom March 9, 2012, 8:44 a.m.
- Fortress Investment Group is nearing deal to acquire Ally Bank’s ailing ResCap mortgage subsidiary. The deal would go a long way in helping out the U.S. government, which has some $12 billion invested in the bank. (NYP)
- SHoP Architects revealed at a Community Board 1 meeting last night the glassy design it envisions for the otherwise boxy, windowless Pier 17 retail mall within Manhattan’s South Street Seaport. (NYP)
- Banks are foreclosing on churches in record numbers. (Reuters)
- After East Carroll Parish, La., the county with highest economic inequality is New York County. (NYT)
- Forbes profiles the Related Companies’ Stephen Ross as part of its Billionaires series. (Forbes)