Gold Rush Near Atlantic Yards and Guess Jeans Buys Below 292 Madison
Jotham Sederstrom March 21, 2012, 9:25 a.m.
- As construction continues on controversial Barclays Center arena, building owners rush to take advantage. (NYT)
- Leasing picks up in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, as tech tenants take advantage of lofty spaces at affordable prices. (GlobeSt.)
- In editorial, The New York Post calls 9/11 museum “Cuomo’s Cavern,” calls for Port Authority accountability. (NYP)
- Guess what? Marciano brothers, of jeans fame, sort out “tangled web of stakes” buy finalizing deal for the ground underneath 292 Madison Avenue, which the real estate investors purchased from SL Green in 2007. (NYP)
- To mark Grand Central Terminal’s 100-year anniversary, expect snarled pedestrian traffic when officials begin its renovation of the 42nd Street entrance, which will culminate with a permanent cafe. (NYDN)