Ingenie Nominees Announced!
The contenders for commercial real estate’s top prize, the so-called “Ingenious Deal of the Year” award, were unveiled by the Real Estate Board of New York today, with name checks coming in for each of the city’s top firms.
CB Richard Ellis led all comers with four nominees, notably a deal for Mercedes Benz’ new flagship dealership at 770 Eleventh Avenue that did its part to revitalize Manhattan’s autoabahn alley and Proskauer’s eye-grabbing 400,000-square-foot, anchor lease deal at 11 Times Square.
Meanwhile, Newmark Knight Frank was nominated for three deals, including for Local SEIU-32BJ’s office space at 620 Avenue of the Americas and the sale of 31 West 15th Street.
“These awards are the most coveted honors that REBNY presents to its commercial members who have demonstrated their creativity and skill through these remarkably ingenious deals,” said REBNY President Steven Spinola. “These awards are particularly meaningful in these trying economic times, when deals have been ever more complicated and difficult to get done. We commend all who submitted their most creative and challenging transactions and we look forward to announcing the winners on April 4.”
The entire list of nominees is below:
- 100-104 Fifth Avenue office condos, Woody Heller & Will Silverman, Studley
- 250 East 57th Street, Darcy Stacom & William Shanahan, CB Richard Ellis
- Cabrini Medical Center, 227 East 19th Street, Vincent Carrega, Grubb & Ellis
- 31 West 15th Street, David Noonan & Jennifer Schwartzman, Newmark Knight Frank
- 770 Eleventh Avenue, Michael Laginestra & Michael Geoghegan, CBRE
- 620 Avenue of the Americas, Robert Eisenberg, Barry Gosin & Mark Weiss, Newmark Knight Frank
- 333 West 34th Street, Josh Kuriloff & Robert Lowe, Cushman & Wakefield
- 605 Third Avenue, Andrew Roos, Colliers International
- Susquehanna International Group, 140 Broadway, Chris Helgesen, UGL Equis
- Capital One, 90 Park Avenue, Lee Brodsky & Ross Perlman, Newmark Knight Frank
- Proskauer, 11 Times Square, Stuart Eisenkraft, Michael Geoghegan & Stephen Siegel, CBRE
- 4 New York Plaza, Bradley Gerla & Howard Fiddle, CBRE